Introduction Last Updated (15 March, 2023)
We only collect personal information from our visitors when our visitors voluntarily release it by completing the Appraisal Request form, Information Card, contact us by email, text message, or phone in the process of conducting business with us. Personal information that may include name, address, phone number, email address, driver’s license, and demographic information can be collected. We do not need this information to gain access to any part of our website.
GoldtoCash.us may collect non-personal information including but not limited to browser type, language preference, IP address, operating system, pages on the Website visited, amount of time spent on each page, and the date and time of each visitor request. Gold to Cash’s purpose in collecting non- personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use its website.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information primarily to make your Transaction with us as smooth as possible. We only collect and process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis for collecting your personal information varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collect it. We may use your information in the following ways:
- We may use your information to process your Transaction which may include payments and delivery.
- We use your information like email address and password to register your Account with us so you can access your account and track progress of your transaction with us.
- We may use demographic information such as preferences to improve our services to you.
- We may use your information in the detection and prevention of abuse or fraud on the Website.
Disclosure of Your InformationNo Sale of Your Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. However, the listed below instances are circumstances in which we may share your personal information with some third parties without notifying you:
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Investigate or prevent illegal activity, malicious actions or suspected fraud on our Website; or
- Protect or defend our rights, our interests or that of our third parties.
- We may be involved in mergers or acquisitions as our business develops. In the event of a merger, corporation sale, sale of assets, or similar event, personal information of users may be transferred. However, we will notify you of such actions by posting a Notice on our Site.
- With companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of products that could be of interest to you.
We are committed to protecting your information. We encrypt your information using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology when you initiate a Transaction using our Website.
While we have employed stringent security technologies to ensure the protection of your information, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we, therefore, cannot guarantee the total security of any information you provide through our Website or through email correspondences to us. We strongly advise you to be very careful in the choice of information you submit to us through emails. We claim no responsibility or liability if any individual’s information is intercepted maliciously or is otherwise accessed without our express written permission.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us. You can do this by clicking on any email communication you might have received from us and clicking on the Unsubscribe button. You can also send an email to our Customer Support at email@example.com to request to opt-out of our marketing communications.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from individuals under the age of 13. If you are under 18 and you use our Website, you are to hereby stop using the Website. If you have cause to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to us through the Website, please contact Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take appropriate steps to delete that information from our system.
California Information Sharing Act.
Effective January 1, 2020, if you are a resident of California, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information.
- You have the right to request the disclosure of the following, no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- Categories of Personal Information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information during the preceding 12 months.
- Business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling your Personal Information during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the Personal Information during the preceding 12 months.
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of Personal Information we disclosed about you for a business purpose during the preceding 12 months.